Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Mad Men Avatar

It's Mad Men night tonight--the start of Series 4--and I'll be watching with friends in Brooklyn and drinking Manhattans and feeling fun and glamorous.

And! I can't stop playing with that new "Mad Men Yourself" toy on the AMC site. You can create an avatar cartoon of yourself, and put yourself in different Mad Men scenes and create a JPEG.

Here's what I look like while drinking a cocktail & saying something very important yet sociably glib:


And here's me in a different pair of glasses, looking sensible and ready the next morning to get back to work (only not in the secretarial pool; in my mind I'm a witty and highly successful yet attractive boss lady type):
 
And now, to end with a quote from Connie to Don:  
What do you want from me, love? Your work is good. But when I say I want the moon, I expect the moon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joyce! Did you notice Maureen Dowd's column in last sunday's times? It's eerly similar. Just Zeitgest I guess but impressive to think maybe MD reads BGB!
xoxoxo! L

Connie Staccato said...

Looks just like you. All you need is a (rot-gut) gin martini...

Locksmith London said...

Most women expect the moon :))

organic vitamins said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natural Supplements said...

Joyce <3 such a lovely article.... really an adorable blog

Ignition Lock said...

I’m pretty new to your blog, but am enjoying what I have read so far. This post particularly caught my attention. your post are very useful for me. i like it.

Fosamax Claim said...

I recently stumbled on your web log and are reading on. i do not apprehend what to mention except that I even have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. i'll keep visiting this web log fairly often.