Thursday, April 10, 2008

Elena

This just arrived via email:

Hi dear!!

My letter will surprise you!!

My name - Elena. My age-26 years. I live in Russia!!

Private life didn\'t turn out well. I decided to find a foreign man. I dream to meet a decent, kind and clever man!! It is difficult to tell about myself. If this is of any interest to you, write to me.

My address - ramsdams@gmail.com I\'ll wait!!

Kisses Elena

Now I'm worried, and I hope Elena isn't waiting for me personally. She sounds desperate, sad and beautiful. I've never met her, but now I'm feeling pressured to help her find a foreign man, a decent, kind and clever foreign man.

I don't know the details of how Elena's private life didn't turn out well, but I do want to tell her that finding a man won't necessarily solve the problems of her private life. What went wrong? Why is it difficult to tell? Elena, you are a mystery.

I'm in no position to help--Dave and I and our two cats live in less than 1,000 square feet of space, and it would be tight with Elena sleeping in our second bedroom, which is also an office, and anyway Dave is my foreign man--but if anyone out there can help, please contact her at ramsdams@gmail.com. Elena will wait for your answer.

1 comment:

Rob K said...

You got her picture??